ACEND® Board Dietetic Student Representative Application
ACEND® is seeking student members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with strong leadership skills to apply to be nominated for the Dietetics Student Representative position on the ACEND® board. This volunteer position is an excellent way to gain leadership experience and skills in accreditation, education, communication, collaboration and more. The dietetics student member is elected by the ACEND® board and serves a two-year term, the first year as student rep-elect and the second year as the the dietetics student voting member.
- Dietetics student is a student enrolled in an ACEND®-accredited program during the first year of the appointed term (2017-2018)
- Dietetics student must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Not a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics? Click here to join.
Second Career students taking DPD courses to obtain a verification statement from a DPD program during the first year of the two year Student Representative term, qualify to apply to this position.
Responsibilities, Workload and Training
The ACEND® Student Representative will:
- Travel to and participate in two Board meetings a year (6 days annually)
- Participate in teams to review accreditation reports for all program types in preparation for the Board meeting. (about 20-30 annually)
- Participate in monthly Board teleconference call meetings (approximately 10 times per year – 1 1/2 hours per call)
- Receive voting privileges in the term’s second term year
- Attend Program Reviewer workshop as part of accreditation training (one time per appointment)
- Serve as a member on one of the ACEND® board’s Standing Committees
- Represent ACEND® as an ex-officio member on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Student Council Advisory Committee in the first year of service.
- Participate on an accreditation site visit (3 days)
How to Apply: The deadline to submit an application for the 2017-2018 ACEND® Board has now passed. Please check back after March 1, 2017 for the application for the 2018-2019 ACEND® Board.
Applications must be submitted electronically in one PDF document that includes the completed application form, statement of interest, resume, and reference from one faculty member or program director to ACENDNominations@eatright.org.
The ACEND® Nominating Committee reviews all Student Representative applications, interviews qualified applicants and may contact their references. The applicants are notified of the Board’s decision one month after the January ACEND® Board meeting.
Questions: Contact ACENDNominations@eatright.org