**Please note: The application period for 2016-2017 program reviewers is now closed. Applications for 2017-2018 will accepted starting March 1, 2017.**
ACEND® is seeking educators from each of the accredited program types (DTR, DP, DI and CP) and practitioners who represent major areas of dietetics practice to become reviewers of ACEND® accredited education programs. This volunteer position is an excellent way to gain leadership experience and skills in accreditation, education, communication, collaboration, teamwork and more.
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and Active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Master's or higher degree preferred.
- Willing to provide professional leadership.
- Employed in education or practice for more than three years.
- Have a commitment to quality dietetics education programs.
- Represent major areas of dietetics practice.
- Represent different geographical areas of the United States.
- Program reviewers must attend a training workshop following appointment.
- Time commitment: Program reviewers must be willing and able to travel and devote time required to do at least two site visits annually (20 days annually, including preparation time, travel, conference calls, correspondence, etc.) and evaluations of self-study reports, assessment reports or major change reports as needed.
- Program Reviewers may not serve simultaneously on other groups within the Academy that may represent a conflict of interest with ACEND® activities or violate U.S Department of Education regulations (i.e., member of the Academy Board of Directors, Academy BOD Executive Committee, HOD Leadership Team, member of the Commission on Dietetic Registration).
Note: ACEND® covers travel related costs to attend training workshop and site visits.
Benefits include continuing education credit for attending reviewer training; potential credit toward professional service requirements for promotion and tenure; learning about other dietetics education programs; eligibility to become an ACEND® board member; establishing new professional networks with educators and practitioners; gaining knowledge that can help prepare you for your own program or organization's accreditation review; and contributing to the advancement of the profession.
How to apply:
To access the program reviewer application, please click the link at the bottom of this page to log-in using your Academy credentials. Once you've logged in, an ACEND® Program Reviewer Application link will appear. The application must be submitted by November 1st. The applicant will be asked to upload a current resume or vita and provide the names of two references when completing the application.
The ACEND® Nominating Committee reviews all applications, interviews qualified applicants and may contact their references. The ACEND® Nominating Committee recommends to the ACEND® board candidates qualified for appointment who meet current reviewer pool needs. Applicants are notified of the ACEND® Board’s decision within one month of the January ACEND® Board meeting.
Newly appointed program reviewers will receive information about attending mandatory program reviewer training. This training must be completed prior to beginning the first program review assignment.
Email questions to ACENDNominations@eatright.org
Thank you for your interest in the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND®) Program Reviewer Position. You need to login as a member to access the Program Reviewer Application.